Sunday, June 6, 2010

Rest...

I know I shouldn't be awake, but I have that worried mom feeling that won't let you sleep.... Poor Mark, just can't get comfortable. He has been having some pretty impressive coughing in the last hour and I'm just sitting here, listening. I'm praying that this is all part of it....

Today was pretty good. You've probably heard, the third day is often the hardest after surgery and it wasn't easy, but he did walk around the halls three times today. It really makes him tired, but it's necessary to build back his strength and keep his lungs open.

Tomorrow should be the day he loses the chest tube (unfortunately it didn't come out today!) and then have the stents put in. He will be beside himself if they don't do it tomorrow. Not that he really feels up to it, but he is so, so ready to be out of here! And so am I :)

The highlight of our day was seeing Trenton this morning. He kept telling the nurses to "make Daddy all better". He is such an amazing little guy and we are so blessed that he's ours. We can't wait to be together again, at our house, just being together. Today I did have my first moment of apprehension when Trenton decided that it was pillow fight time with Daddy and he just tossed the pillow across the bed onto Mark (in the chair). I'm going to have to be creative with my ideas, but there's nothing that will get in our way of getting back to our normal life!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

  The Highlight Reel      I would assume, that we've all been guilty, at times, of only sharing the highlight reel of our lives.  You k...