Friday, October 15, 2010

Busy times....

The last couple of weeks have been overwhelmingly busy! Last weekend, I, with
A LOT of great, help, finished a remodel of the children's ministry area at the church. 10-10-10 was the kick-off of Kidz Blitz as well as a big day for the church....a push to invite friends then a cook-out after church.... There was the church yard sale the day before and then Sunday evening our Couples Small Group. A crazy weekend for sure!!

The work paid off, but I thought I wouldn't make it. This week I've been soooooo tired. Hahaha! I read that once you lose sleep you can't "catch up", there's no such thing, that lost sleep is just lost! So how is it that exhaustion can catch up to you but you can't catch-up on sleep to compensate? ;)

In my busyness, I didn't take as long for my quiet times and my prayers were definitely "on-the-go" (more than usual). So this morning, since the house has been so quiet, I've spent some time catching up and just reflecting. It's been so good and a great way to overcome the yucky dream I woke up from this morning. I was reading about Cain and Abel and Gen. 4:7 says "sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it." I thought about me getting "too busy" to have quiet time and that's just not smart! Imagine how different we would live if we lived with this verse always on our minds?! I know I would think & act differently in so many situations. I don't believe this verse is an attempt to make us fearful...it's like the center square on a bingo game...just something to help us win in life, if we choose to use it.

I love how you can read something so many times and then suddenly, God can bring something new out and help you see again for the first time! Super cool - and that's what happened here for me today!

I'm trying to slow down a little, but the Fall Festival is less than 2 weeks away...I can't wait for my Mom to come for a visit! She is always such a help, especially in crazy busy times like this. Hug your Momma today...wish I could hug mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  The Highlight Reel      I would assume, that we've all been guilty, at times, of only sharing the highlight reel of our lives.  You k...