Tuesday, September 18, 2018

In Pursuit...

  I love that God pursues us. Jesus left Heaven to come to earth for you and me, and I'd say, that's a pretty serious pursuit. But so often in my life I haven't really felt the pursuit?  Like those times when you feeeeel eyes on you... when you look down to see your pup staring at you from under the kitchen table, or your child has crept out of bed and is peering around the corner at you, or you walk into a restaurant and even without making eye contact, you feel every eye in the place on you. ((kinda creepy - haha))  You can know someone is watching you because you feel those moments. 

Have you ever felt God in that way, or just felt Him pursuing you at every available opportunity?? Here's what I've learned through some situations over the past couple of months. He is ALWAYS passionately pursuing us, we just often don't have our focus on Him enough to see, hear or feel His pursuit. When divorce happens or an unexpected death occurs or a diagnosis that changes your everyday life is given, or even just words spoken to us, who we are and who we're created to be often, begins to be questioned. Lately, without realizing it, I began to question who even am I and what am I supposed to be doing?? (PS - More on that...soon! In an upcoming blog ;) 

Post-it notes of scriptures, prayers and messages from family/friends have been such a blessing and certainly part of God's pursuit. But there is one song in particular, "You Say" by Lauren Daigle, that, for a span of 3 weeks, was literally been the first song that played every time I opened Pandora, it was the first suggested video when I opened YouTube and it played on the radio every single time I passed a particular location, no matter that time of day. It was a beautiful hug from God and as it played, I could hear Him say I'm here, these words are true, pursue Me as I pursue you! Be who God the Father says you are and don't let the thoughts the enemy puts in your head cause you to doubt who I say you are! 

I read something recently that has impacted me strongly - Lisa Harper said, "the veil between you and Christ becomes thinner as you walk through trials and lean hard into Him"; and I can attest to the truth of this statement! It's the passionate pursuit of us, His children that becomes tangible. It's His nature, His heart, the standard of His love for us, yet we're so often too busy. Too okay. Too set. Too focused on our own plans. Too all figured out, to see, hear and feel His pursuit!

Today, let down your barriers, allow yourself to see His pursuit of you! Knowing His love and pursuit in your head it vitally important in your everyday walk and talk as a Christ-follower, but getting to feel His love is life itself! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

  The Highlight Reel      I would assume, that we've all been guilty, at times, of only sharing the highlight reel of our lives.  You k...