Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Results....and more results.

So, I haven't forgotten my blog! Life has been super busy over the past week.....

To recap - Surgery - Wednesday, recovery - Thursday...head to Daphne, AL - Thursday night, day with my family and Mark's - Friday, celebrating my sweet Sister's birthday (we spend the day on the water at the beach and it was heavenly!) - Saturday....got in about 1am, church Sunday morning and a worship appreciation cook-out at our house Sunday night with about 30 people here. Then my little Parker arrived, bright and early, Monday morning....well, not bright, it was 4am!!

That was just the weekend...I won't bore you with the week so far....

The results! Well, I spoke with the Doctor's office today. It's good and bad. Nothing major or immensely serious, actually, the biopsies showed nothing outside of normal limits. Okay, so that's great! But the problem still persists....he's been having 7-8 poops, almost everyday since Wednesday - and the abnormal tissue??? We go back to the Dr. in 2 weeks, to sit down and start again. Try to figure out another method to try or maybe another test....

In the midst of all that's been going on with T, Mark has been having some unresolved kidney problems. To prevent this from being terribly long and boring, he has also been having some heart issues as well (he'll probably kill me for blogging this....) which he just told me about - Let me get on a "soap box" If there are any men reading this...please don't try to be the man of steel or stone or wood or whatever it is that you're impressed with - take care of yourself and don't be afraid to talk to your spouse, parents or whomever it may be that loves you so much and won't think less of you for saying something may need to be checked out! Okay, over that ;) I love you Markus and I appreciate you being open and honest with me about this whole deal-once you came clean ;)!! Many tests were performed today, some with abnormal results, and he's having a stress test in the morning.

Please pray with us about all these situations regarding the health of my family! I appreciate it more than I can possibly express! All the scriptures, quotes and old wives tales about times of trial have been playing over and over in my head, but the biggest thing I'm holding onto is that God is sovereign! If you've never really studied or looked into the true meaning of that, DO IT! It will rock your world! We think is such a one-dimensional way but God sees, knows, understands, feels, protects, surrounds, carries, directs and loves in a way our humanity can't fully understand! I'm reminding myself of that in the tense moments which seem to be often, but not overwhelming. These lyrics come to me often...."there's a peace I've come to know, though my heart and flesh may fail, there's an anchor for my soul, I can say, it is well. Jesus has overcome and the grave is overwhelmed, victory is won, He is risen from the dead"

Yay, God! Am I nervous, sure, I'm human. But does is consume me, not when I stay in touch with my sovereign friend and Savior!! Don't try to be supernatural, talk to God about your worries, concerns, fears, whatevers, then let Him take over all those emotions and walk in the peace that He freely gives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  The Highlight Reel      I would assume, that we've all been guilty, at times, of only sharing the highlight reel of our lives.  You k...