Monday, May 17, 2010

Survival...

Here's my post from Monday morning. It was a Monday...I couldn't get it to post.

So we are somewhat in survival mode....well, at least I am. Last week was busy, the weekend - wow, super busy and the week ahead well, you can guess where I'm going with this..... :)

Lest Saturday, we somehow crammed, a baby shower, a neighborhood party (at the in-laws), a 1st birthday and a wedding that was an hour away all into one day. Not only with our sweet Trenton Luke, but also Parker, a little guy that I keep way more than I ever dreamed. All in all, it was a fun day, but one thing that became more important to me is the word "no". Mark would probably say I already have this mastered (hehehe) but I realized, just how important saying no can be for the sake of my baby and my family as a whole. One "crazy" day like that, on occasion, isn't going to make much of an impact.... I hate cliche's, just one of those things that really get to me, but I'm going to use one here, because the shoe fits, but for my mental health ;) and even more for the health and well-being of Trenton and our family life, we need to "stop and smell the roses"!!

What is life if you rush by everything, just trying to get from place to place or mark things off of your daily list?? Last night (after another crazy day!) the boys and I sat in the garage and watched it rain for probably 30 minutes. Honestly, I love all the things I've done lately, but that had to be at the top of my list of the most fun and enjoyable activities over the past few weeks! Not only was it beautiful & relaxing, but the boys loved it and it was a huge learning opportunity for them. It was a simple, yet an amazing display of God's creation and wisdom.

Sometimes, schedules truly fill up with things somewhat out of our control, other times we are just unable to say no to people for a myriad of reasons and other times still, we choose not to really see what's around and simply - enjoy it..... maybe because of insecurities, busyness, depression, taking on too much, or maybe there are people in your life that just don't respect you/your family.

Whatever the reason, are you living & experiencing life or simply existing in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

  The Highlight Reel      I would assume, that we've all been guilty, at times, of only sharing the highlight reel of our lives.  You k...