Tuesday, September 6, 2016

All About Choices...

Well, that's a subject line you've probably read many times before. This may not be life-changing for many, because been said before...but then again, if there's just one person that looks at their life after reading this and says, I'm not going to be the victim any more or I'm going to choose my thoughts differently.  Well, it's worth sharing my heart for that one. 

The 23rd Psalm is familiar to most. In fact, many folks who don't even claim to have a relationship with Jesus are familiar with this scripture. Pause and go read it. Well, let me just lay it out for you right here...

 1The Lord is my shepherd. He gives me everything I need.
    He lets me lie down in fields of green grass.
He leads me beside quiet waters.
    He gives me new strength.
He guides me in the right paths
    for the honor of his name.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid.
    You are with me.
Your shepherd’s rod and staff
    comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me
    right in front of my enemies.
You pour oil on my head.
    My cup runs over.
I am sure that your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life.
And I will live in the house of the Lord
    forever.


What stands out to you? To me, all the "Blessings" stand out. Every time. As I shared last week, this moment of my life is more challenging than well, most others that I've lived through so far. But even in what could be called a "valley" of life, the "good stuff" still stands out. You know, the still waters, laying down in fields of green grass, a feast in front of me (maybe b/c I haven't had lunch yet ;) and all the goodness and love for every day of my life - all that!  But there are the valleys. We all go through them. Sometimes they feel more like fires! Valleys aren't easy, but a fire...no thanks!  Let me walk through the valley a hundred times before walking through fire. Yet, we all face them, at some point in our lives. 

I want to share something I read last week. I wish I could give credit to whom it's due, but since I can't, just know, I didn't come up with it.  Here it is: "Some people are lost in their fires; others are forged in them."  Let's think about the fires we've faced and the choices we've made because of that fire... I like to think I'm strong, resilient and all those other things, but how many fires have actually FORGED something new, incredible or unforeseen in my life?  What about you? 

What "fire" are you facing right now? Funny thing about fires is, no matter how big or small, they can burn up an consume whatever goes into them, unless it's protected from the heat. When you know you're facing a fire, CHOOSE to cover & protect yourself with Jesus. Don't just let it consume you, you have the choice!! Choose to go through it and be forged into a stronger, more determined individual. In doing it, you'll fall more in love & dependent on Jesus and more prepared for the next fire, you may face! Make the choice to be forged, my Friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  The Highlight Reel      I would assume, that we've all been guilty, at times, of only sharing the highlight reel of our lives.  You k...