Thursday, June 10, 2010

Goodbye ~

We finally got to say goodbye to the hospital!!! Wednesday afternoon, Mark was finally discharged. He had some irregular heart rhythms early in the day and we prayed that those would not keep us there. He didn't have any problems after 8:00am, so after 6 hours of observation, they started all the paperwork to let him go. It was surreal...especially for Mark. He refused to accept that he was leaving until all the papers were signed! It was evening by the time we finally made it to the house, but it was great, no matter what time it was!

Unfortunately, the first night wasn't overwhelmingly restful, but we know it's just going to take some time for Mark to heal so that he can really get comfortable at night. He is still feeling a good amount of pain and is dealing with some congestion. We continue to trust God for healing and protection from infection.

It is so great to be back with Trenton!!! He doesn't want to let either of us out of his sight. Trenton and I pulled weeds in the back yard then played soccer this morning. Daddy taught T about how to pull weeds and then kept score while we kicked the ball. I can't say enough how great it is to all be together!!!

We had to say goodbye to my Mom today....even though I didn't really spend much time with her over the past 2 weeks, I'm going to miss her SOOO much! I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. She definitely helped decrease my stress level, not only because I didn't worry about T as much, but she's been in my shoes. My dad had a heart attack 11 years ago and had quadruple bypass, so Mom knows the many emotions you go through when you see your spouse facing surgery and all the unknowns associated with heart disease.

Right now, Trenton is napping and we're about to do the same.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

  The Highlight Reel      I would assume, that we've all been guilty, at times, of only sharing the highlight reel of our lives.  You k...