Monday, June 7, 2010

It was a Monday!

This day definitely started out like a cranky Monday! Mark did not sleep well at all last night. Once I heard him in a good sleep rhythm I finally drifted off to sleep...it was almost 1am. My alarm went off at 2:03 for his pain meds, so I got up and asked him if he was hurting and it was a definite yes, so I called the nurse and waited until he had taken them and was settling back down....the rest of the night was interrupted by lots of coughing, finger sticks and labs. At 4:45 he called out for me....not sure if it's one of the meds or just the situation as a whole, but there have been a few moments of panic for Mark [that's totally unlike him!], and this was one of those times.

So our day began at 4:45. We did drift back off to sleep around 8 but by that point nurses, PA's and Dr's were stopping by to check in on him. It was just a tough day for both of us. I think perseverance is wearing thin. I often use my shower time to pray or cry and tonight I kept thinking about a verse in Galatians. It's Gal. 6:9 and it goes something like this - do not grow weary in doing good because you will reap a harvest if you don't faint. I had a little chat with God about this verse....I know this is not the context this verse was spoken for, but it was my prayer that I will not become weary and the same for Mark! When there are different situations with this same outcome time after time, it can wear you thin. For Mark, those things have been....the big one - you're here for angioplasty and you'll probably go home tomorrow (that was last Tuesday....), the changing surgery date, the promises to remove the chest tube (it finally came out about 12:30 today!!! and the mishap in scheduling the heart cath/stents.

He's scheduled for a heart cath tomorrow....a discharge date was given but we don't even want to talk about it for fear that it won't happen. If it does though, we'll be more than elated!! I'll update as I can tomorrow. We sincerely appreciate your prayers!!

1 comment:

  1. Whitney, am praying that tomorrow is a much better day and that you feel the prayers of the body of Christ undergirding you and Mark. So hoping ya'll get some rest tonight!!

    ReplyDelete

  The Highlight Reel      I would assume, that we've all been guilty, at times, of only sharing the highlight reel of our lives.  You k...