Wednesday, June 23, 2010

This is really frustrating!

If you've seen the movie Hitch you know who we've been referring to.... Unfortunately, "Hitch" doesn't have anything on Mark. The swelling is so bad today! His entire face - eyes [swollen shut], ears, nose, mouth and slight swelling in his neck - all are just so red and puffy! I had a hard time sleeping last night, just knowing that the swelling had continued. I found myself just lying there watching him sleep, making sure he was breathing normally. He has also broken out in hives, in his hair, his neck, arms, chest and back. I'm waiting on a call back from the cardiology group that prescribed all the meds. I need to make sure he doesn't need to be seen. Also, the very first appointment I could get with the allergist is next Wednesday. He is actually out of town all of this week....go figure!
This is all very surreal...in not such a good way. I have been sitting on the couch, listening for Mark (he is sleeping) and watching Trenton play in the pool on the patio with Nanna, just thinking about the past month and how unexpected everything has been! I will update as I can....not sure if we will be making a trip to the Doctor or if they can call something else in for him. Continue to pray for healing and the swelling to go down, but also for his morale. It's uber depressing to finally get out of the hospital and to continue to get worse, and not even recognize yourself in the mirror! I think deep down he knows this could put him back in the hospital and the thought of that is more than he can bear at this moment. Thanks! Lots of love ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

  The Highlight Reel      I would assume, that we've all been guilty, at times, of only sharing the highlight reel of our lives.  You k...