Monday, June 14, 2010

Here we are again....

So before I even get into my blog tonight, I need to give a disclaimer ;)
I am not falling off the deep end, we are just weary from the hospital stays and all the unknown, so if I come across, like I've lost my faith, don't worry, I'm trusting God now, more than ever!!

Every time I've started to blog over the past 4 days or so, something has interrupted. Not bad things, just things like, "Mommy, more juice please!", time for a pain pill for Mark, phone calls, visitors and often just falling asleep at the computer! :) Getting back to our house, has been wonderful, but definitely tiring as well. One of the babies I take care of started back Saturday and was with us Sunday also. My other baby, won't be coming back, because of family situations that came up during our time at the hospital. It was a little worrisome at first, but I know that God knows best and will provide in ways we don't even expect!

Sooooo, most of you know by now that we are back at the hospital. NOT the place we want to be and I'm sorry if you are partial to it, but particularly not at Henry Medical!! I know they do some things well here, we've just not had the best experiences any time a family member has been here.

We went to the GP this morning for 2 reasons...1. he needed to follow-up with them because of the surgery, just to keep them informed and get any diet instructions, ect from them. 2. He had been having some pain in his lungs and throat and although we were praying & believing that it wasn't pneumonia, we didn't want to take any chances, so I called the Dr and asked if he could be seen today. Once we were there, they took his pain VERY seriously, and the moment the Dr listened to his heart, she called in EKG and the next thing we knew, there were people all around, putting in an IV, taking blood pressure, reading EKG's, ect and then the paramedics walked in....NOT what we were expecting from that visit!!!

Trenton was with us and he was definitely concerned! He did keep asking every nurse, tech, Dr if they were making "Daddy, all better?" He is such and sweetheart and so compassionate! So Trenton and I headed to Henry, once again, following an ambulance, feeling confused and shaky and a little angry to be honest. Not at any person, just at the situation. I knew that I needed to continue to be strong for Mark, to encourage and build-up and never speak negative words about anything so that God could use me to make this very uncomfortable and rather annoying situation somewhat tolerable! Although he came in by ambulance, he still waited in the ED for over 6 hours. Some sweet friends showed up and blessed us with words, laughter and food ;) It totally helped pass the time!

He is in a room now, being monitored for tachycardia and just some irregular heart rhythms. His cardiac enzymes are only slightly elevated (high elevation is a sign of heart attack) so this is good news. He is once again NPO (nothing by mouth) tonight. The nurse just told us this is because the Dr wants to do a stress test tomorrow??? The Dr said to Mark, I don't want to do a stress test, so we'll just see how things go tonight, although he did mention the possibility of a heart cath again. Feeling out of control and clueless about what's going on with your care is not a good place to be in for patient confidence, so pray that God will give us the confidence we need and the wisdom to know when to say no as well as the right questions to ask.

I'm sorry this is so long! I'm believing that tomorrow I will be able to blog a short, very positive report on all of this! I told Mark he must get better....our family vacation is not far away! ;) Seriously, we are feeling so tired from all of this and ready to truly get on the path to recovery and wholeness!! We know God has a purpose in everything He allows and nothing is impossible for Him! So we wait, we hope and anticipate the miraculous to come out of this entire situation! Thank you for your continual support and prayers!! We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  The Highlight Reel      I would assume, that we've all been guilty, at times, of only sharing the highlight reel of our lives.  You k...